A fine blend of all things Nuts: Multimedia Collections, Toys, Foods, Concerts, Occasional Petting Zoo Visits, etc.

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:
Leonardo('s) Katana (2015)


As with the Light Saber already in my Silent Hill collection, I care not for the actual origins of this piece. I was bought plenty of 'Turtle' toys as a child, but I've never had a real connection to the characters, emotional or otherwise. This is all orgasmically fitting, given that this is my weapon choice for Harry Mason, Heather's father. You know, that foul-mouthed, Beam Saber-wielding girl in the running for greatest character ever? I'm super pleased with this katana. There's a number of variants out there, Halloween props and otherwise. This one can be found at Party City, yes, but some of the tooling is actually toy-aisle worthy! The blade isn't bent, that's just how it's sculpted, as it's rather thick. It's costume accessory quality, but definitely at the high-end of that range. The hilt is what resides in Toy Town, as it's held together with screws! I know, I know, Hollywood-style square guard, but I'm not going to be rolling over it in the shadows. It's resting next to the Light Saber (in the same manner as my Spin Sword was stored, actually) and that's all it needs to do.

The price is overly steep, but at the time I thought it was completing my collection,  so I accepted it. Yes, this is a 2017 Update and they are still just as expensive. I'd honestly say pass, at this point, unless you specifically want it for its intended purpose. Otherwise, get this!

3½ Good, Then Bad (Or Was It The Other Way Around...) Endings out of 5

No comments :